As an ASME-accredited Material Organization (QSC-614), proper certifications are only the start of Edgen Murray’s support for the nuclear industry. Customers in this growing segment demand high-quality materials that meet stringent requirements. We worked with our customers to build our program and are committed to meeting or exceeding their expectations for both nuclear-certified and commercial grade materials.
Edgen Murray Nuclear Operations is based in Charlotte, North Carolina, central to many nuclear industry leaders. We leverage our inventory and supply channels for nuclear-grade materials along with a global network of locations to serve as a partner, ensuring that deliveries are on time and on budget. Direct and, in some cases, exclusive manufacturer relationships also benefit customers with high-volume requests and quick scalability for additional distribution needs.
Nuclear Quality System Program Compliance:
- 10 CFR 50 App B
- ASME Section III, NCA 3800, WA-3800
- Material Organization
- 10 CFR Part 21
- NIAC Member Audited
- NUPIC Member Audited
- ANSI N45.2
- EMNO implements orders that require compliance with the applicable quality requirements outlined in 10CFR Part 71 and 72
Nuclear Scope of Supply: ASME Section III, divisions 1, 2 and 3 metallic materials
- Pipe and Tube
- Fittings and large custom forged fittings
- Shapes (Sections)
- Bar and reinforcement bar (division 2)
Edgen Murray Nuclear uses surveyed and approved state-of-the-art subcontracted laboratories for all testing on Commercial Grade Dedication and ASME Code Upgrade materials. We also offer Niton XL3t 900S Alloy Analyzer technology, verifying that materials are in compliance with applicable specifications.
A member of several key industry organizations, Edgen Murray makes it a priority to stay abreast of codes and standards that can change quickly, as well as global influences on the nuclear market. Edgen Murray Nuclear has team members active in:
- Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
- Nuclear Industry Assessment Committee (NIAC)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Nuclear Society (ANS)
- Women in Nuclear (WIN)
- North American Young Generation in Nuclear (NA-YGN)