Advancements in technology have improved access to vast reserves of unconventional oil like northern Canada’s oil sands and bitumen deposits. The extraction processes involved typically use steam and emulsion pipe systems that require technically challenging high performance materials produced by relatively few mills in the world.
Edgen Murray’s relationships with these steel mills particularly benefit the unconventional oil sector, providing access to many hard-to-find materials for a number of applications:
- Open pit mining
- Tailing pipelines
- Water supply lines
- Thermal oil recovery for SAGD and CSS
- Steam pipe
- Emulsion pipe
- Well pads
- Upgrading facilities
- Gathering lines
- Brackish water applications
Featured products and grades
- High yield, large diameter, welded and seamless pipe with complementary fittings and flanges in carbon steel, chrom moly (P grades), stainless steel, duplex, super duplex and nickel alloy.
- Carbon steel line pipe – ERW, DSAW, LSAW, HSAW (spiral weld), SMLS,
- API 5L X Grades
- CSA high yield grades up to 550
- Quench and tempered
- Low temperature
- High temperature tensile materials
- Abrasion resistant pipe
- Valves – ball, gate, globe, check, plug, butterfly, needle and automation and controls
All materials comply with CSA and/or API standards.