In view of the serious threat presented by the new Coronavirus, COVID-19 Edgen Murray has taken action to help protect the health of our employees, support local community efforts to minimize spread of the virus, and safeguard our customers’ supply chain.
We are a PVF distribution and service company supporting the energy industry designated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as one of the “Critical Infrastructure Sectors”. We employ an experienced workforce and offer our customers access to products and value-add services through a platform of strategic locations and extensive global vendor network. We recognize that a significant risk to maintaining normal delivery levels for our products and services is the potential for limited availability of healthy employees to staff our locations. To date, we have taken steps to minimize risk to our workforce by implementing the following actions across all or specific teams:
ALL TEAMS: Working Together. We are One TEAM, One EDGEN.
- The Edgen Murray Americas appointed Crisis Management Team meets regularly to respond to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation.
- We have re-aligned our workforce, as noted in more detail below, to maintain normal service levels.
- We are following applicable federal, state, and local stay at home guidance and/or orders for non-essential business functions.
- We have provided and are encouraging our teams to use the guidelines and practices published by health authorities for protecting self and others from COVID-19, including, but no limited to, social distancing, hand hygiene, covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of their elbow, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
- We are updating our precautions as more information is received from medical experts, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- We have suspended all non-essential business travel.
- We have instructed employees not to report to work if they or those with whom they have been in close contact exhibit the symptoms, or are diagnosed with, the COVID-19 virus.
- We adhere to all applicable laws and regulations relative to employee rights, pay and benefits for the Coronavirus outbreak, in addition to providing applicable company-sponsored benefits.
OFFICE TEAMS: Staying Connected. Working Safe.
- Substantially all of our office and outside sales staff is working remotely. Only those who must be on-site to perform essential business functions are allowed in our offices, and a rotational schedule has been deployed in those cases where feasible.
- All offices are closed to visitors and vendors unless approved in advance by a member of our executive team. Our office teams are leveraging tele or video conferencing technology to stay connected to our valued customer and supply partners.
- We are evaluating disinfectant services for possible use before remote office teams return to their work areas.
OPERATIONS AND SERVICE FACILITY TEAMS: Working Hard. Working Safe.
- Because of the nature of their duties, operations and service facility employees continue their business critical duties. To reduce the risk for transmission or exposure, a rotational work schedule has been deployed, where possible.
- Facility visits have been restricted to only those essential to on-going operations including, but not limited to, logistics, inspection, and equipment maintenance and repair, and similar functions.
- In advance of being permitted to perform work in our facilities, a COVID-19 screening process has been deployed for those third-party personnel essential to our on-going operations.
- A body temperature check process is being implemented at most operations and service facilities, subject to the availability of necessary equipment.
- We are evaluating disinfectant services for possible use for our operations and service facilities, where necessary.
In addition to our own employee base and strategic inventory, we also rely on our vendors and their workforces. As part of our normal operations, we use a diverse set of product and service suppliers in many locations throughout the US and the rest of the world. If we experience extended supply disruptions, we will first turn to our network of inventory locations across the US, then to our qualified vendors to address shortfalls. We will look to alternative vendors to provide options aligning with and/or in addition to customer AML’s, based upon their preferences.
Edgen Murray Americas Crisis Management Team continues to work the details of Edgen’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will continue to evaluate other actions and preparations to limit impacts to our business and supply chain. Our customers, suppliers and employee’s health remain our top priority.